RICHMOND, Calif. (KRON) – All lanes are closed on I-80 at Hilltop Drive after an 800-gallon tanker caught fire Saturday.
The incident happened on westbound I-80. Both east and west-bound directions are closed at this time.
California Highway Patrol and fire crews are on scene evacuating the area.
A shelter-in-place for the area was issued just before 1 p.m.
As of around 6:20 p.m., the shelter-in-place was lifted with the exception of Wiswall Drive between Joanne Drive and O’Brien Road and on Collette Drive between Wiswall Drive and O’Brien Drive.
Officials ask the public to continue to avoid I-80.
This is a developing story, check back for updates.
- Postal Service: Send your holiday packages early
- Newsfeed Now: First US COVID immunizations could arrive Dec. 12; 14-hour wait at new Colo. restaurant
- Cineworld secures financial help until hoped-for reopening
- US tells GM to recall nearly 6M trucks with Takata inflators
- Over 3 million screened by TSA in weekend before Thanksgiving