Peart died Tuesday, January 7th, in Santa Monica, California from brain cancer according to Elliott Mintz, a spokesperson for the Peart family. A representative for the band confirmed the news to Rolling Stone.
Peart had announced his retirement in 2015.
LATEST NEWS HEADLINES:
- Wendy’s has a new chicken sandwich, and you can get one free
- Losses deepen for stocks, sending S&P 500 down more than 2%
- Trump supporters stranded in the cold after Nebraska rally
- CHP officer exposed to cocaine during traffic stop
- Live: Senators grill Twitter, Facebook and Google CEOs over bias allegations