SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Sam Smith came out as non-binary and announced their preferred pronouns are “they/them.”
The pop star made the announcement on social media saying they’ve endured a “lifetime of being at war with my gender.”
The announcement was met with thousands of supportive comments.
Read the 27-year-old’s Instagram post below:
Smith won an Oscar in 2016 for “Writing’s on the Wall,” from “Spectre” and has multiple Grammy Awards.
- Spare the Air Alert extended through Monday amid smoke from Glass Fire
- Second stimulus checks: Pelosi optimistic sides can agree on new aid package
- NFL legend Joe Montana stops home intruder who tried to kidnap his grandchild
- Poison control officials warn of hand sanitizer that could be mistaken as children’s food pouches
- Napa County family remains hopeful after evacuating home from wildfire