SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Sam Smith came out as non-binary and announced their preferred pronouns are “they/them.”
The pop star made the announcement on social media saying they’ve endured a “lifetime of being at war with my gender.”
The announcement was met with thousands of supportive comments.
Read the 27-year-old’s Instagram post below:
Smith won an Oscar in 2016 for “Writing’s on the Wall,” from “Spectre” and has multiple Grammy Awards.
- What you need to know about Kobe Bryant’s memorial service
- NASA: Katherine Johnson, mathematician portrayed in ‘Hidden Figures,’ dies at 101
- Couple suspected of killing 3 roommates in California over rent argument
- Alcohol ads encouraging youth to drink, study says
- East Bay priest placed on leave over groping claim