SAN FRANCISCO (KRON)–It’s the Year of the Dog and revelers took to the streets of San Francisco to celebrate Saturday.
The Chinese New Year Parade is a tradition that dates back to the 1860s and means a great deal to the Chinese community allowing them to pay respect to their heritage and introduce spectators to their culture.
KRON4’s Ella Sogomonian walked along the parade route and spoke with attendees.
- SWARM OF SMALL EARTHQUAKES RATTLE DANVILLE
- VIDEO: BAY AREA SEES RECORD-BREAKING LOW TEMPS, HAIL & SNOW
- SANTA CRUZ COUPLE CARJACKED AT GUNPOINT DURING MEXICO TRIP
- FBI JOINS IN SEARCH FOR MISSING 5-YEAR-OLD BOY
- ANGRY MOB BEATS RAPE, MURDER SUSPECTS TO DEATH
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE