SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Officers in San Francisco arrested a man Friday after a 67-year-old died from injuries stemming from an apparent attack.
The San Francisco Police Department said officers arrested 62-year-old Wayne Waddell, of San Francisco, and booked him into jail on homicide and crime against an elder charges.
Just before 8 a.m. on March 29, officers responded to the 1500 block of Lombard Street on a report of a battery, police said.
Officers met with a man who told them he had been assaulted by an unknown male on 6th Street, according to police.
The victim was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment but he later died on April 30.
The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner of San Francisco determined that the victim died as a result of the assault and deemed the incident a homicide.
An investigation led to the arrest of Waddell.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call the SFPD 24-hour tip line at 1-415-575- 4444 or Text a Tip to TIP411 and begin the text message with SFPD. You may remain anonymous.
- 49ers injuries could jeopardize season
- WWII veteran’s canteen found in St. Louis, makes its way back to Oklahoma
- LIVE: Pres. Trump’s address at 75th annual UN General Assembly
- Santa Clara County to vote on COVID-19 isolation assistance program
- Graham: GOP has votes to confirm Trump court pick by Nov. 3