BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KGET) — A San Francisco man was killed in a single-vehicle crash that injured four others over the weekend.
Javier Garduno Bautista, 47, died at the scene of the 12:01 a.m. crash Saturday on southbound Interstate 5, south of Stockdale Highway, according to the coroner’s office.
Bautista and two other passengers were not wearing seat belts, according to the California Highway Patrol. All three were thrown from the vehicle when it overturned after the driver lost control.
Alcohol or drugs don’t appear to be a factor, officers said.
Check back for updates as we learn more
- 65 drug arrests made in one week in San Francisco’s Tenderloin District
- Republican strategist Rick Wilson taking aim to save America from Trump
- Paradise residents still trying to recover from devastating Camp Fire
- Takeaways from the Democratic debate
- ‘He died a hero’: Friends remember the firefighters who rushed into the Porterville library fire