SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — A San Francisco police department official has identified the gunman who opened fire at a UPS warehouse in the city as Jimmy Lam.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation into the shooting is ongoing.
The official said Lam is from San Francisco, but had no immediate details on his background.
The official noted the name is a common one in the San Francisco Bay Area, so finding information about the correct Jimmy Lam required significant record searches.
Police say the gunman shot and killed three people and wounded two others before taking his own life.
The gunman also had filed overtime grievance, a union official said.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 4 DEAD, INCLUDING GUNMAN, AFTER SHOOTING AT SF UPS CENTER
- WITNESS SAYS HE SAW FIRST SHOT AT UPS CENTER, RAN FOR HIS LIFE’
- UPS WORKER DESCRIBES TERROR, PANIC DURING SHOOTING
- GUNMAN WOUNDS GOP CONGRESSMAN, THEN KILLED BY POLICE
- VIDEO CAPTURES MOMENT GUNMAN OPENS FIRE AT GOP BASEBALL TEAM
- CANCER-CAUSING COMPOUND IN EAST BAY DRINKING WATER REACHES NEAR CRITICAL LEVEL
- WARRIORS CHAMPIONSHIP PARADE HAPPENING THURSDAY