A San Francisco resident has died from flu-related causes — the first person in the city to die of the flu this season.
The City’s Public Health Department announced the first flu death of the season with a reminder to the public saying it’s not too late to get the flu shot.
Public health officials did not release any other information about the adult who died, but did say we can all do our part in making sure the flu doesn’t spread.
This is the second person in the Bay Area to die of the flu this week, as another adult died from the flu in Santa Clara County.
The flu season runs through the spring.
Symptoms include fever, cough, sore throat, stuffy nose and body aches.
- POLICE SEARCH FOR MAN CAUGHT ON CAMERA LICKING FAMILY’S DOORBELL
- SANTA CRUZ WOMAN SAYS IT TOOK 28 HOURS TO DRIVE FROM LAKE TAHOE
- SISTERS, 14 AND 12, CHARGED WITH FATALLY STABBING, SHOOTING MOTHER
- NAPA TEEN ARRESTED FOR ALLEGEDLY PLANNING MASS SCHOOL SHOOTING
- MAN SAYS 3 SYRINGES FOUND IN RECTUM AREN’T HIS