SAN FRANCISCO (KRON)–On the day when a group of San Francisco veterans was supposed to be commemorated, they decided to serve.
The veterans gathered together in Presidio to prepare and deliver over 500 meals to those affected by the North Bay fires.
KRON4’s Camila Bernal spoke with one veteran who felt passionately about helping others in need.
“Sometimes honoring and serving are the same thing and in our experience,” Javier Chen said. “If you want veterans to participate there has to be some element of service and some element of taking care of one anotherWHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- J. SIMPSON KICKED OUT OF VEGAS HOTEL FOR BEING UNRULY, DRUNK
- POLICE: WIPE DOWN SHOPPING CARTS, BUT NOT BECAUSE OF GERMS
- GLOBAL WARMING COULD LEAVE 2M HOMES UNDERWATER BY 2100
- OAKLAND SCHOOLS TESTING FOR HIGH LEVELS OF LEAD IN WATER
- MAN ARRESTED FOR SEXUAL FONDLING IN SAN JOSE STATE LIBRARY
- PLANE FORCED TO LAND AFTER WOMAN UNLOCKS CHEATING HUSBAND’S PHONE