Crissy Field Avenue in San Francisco’s Presidio is permanently closed to traffic.
The roadway is being converted into a trail for pedestrians and bicyclists to help connect Crissy Field to the Golden Gate Bridge.
Pedestrians will still be able to go in both directions.
However, bicyclists will only be able to travel uphill until improvements are completed in the coming months.
Motorists will still be able to access the area using Lincoln Boulevard and McDowell Avenue.
- RIDESHARE RAPIST: DISTURBING DETAILS REVEALED OF ALLEGED CRIMES
- NAKED MAN RIDES BICYCLE ON HWY 101 IN SAN JOSE
- WATCH: SAN FRANCISCO POLICE DEPARTMENT’S EPIC LIP SYNC VIDEO
- CUSTOMER WRITES ‘WE DON’T TIP TERRORIST’ ON RECEIPT
- TOURIST GOES TO JAIL FOR COLLECTING SEASHELLS IN FLORIDA