A San Jose music teacher is under arrest for accusations that he sexually harassed a teenage student.
Christopher Florio is a conductor at the Califfornia Youth Symphony in Palo Alto, but was the music teacher at San Jose’s Harker Upper School at the time of the alleged offense.
“In June 2018, the San Jose Police Department’s ICAC/CED Unit received information that, Florio, a teacher at the Harker Upper School, may have inappropriately communicated with a juvenile female student for purposes of sexual exploitation,” police said.
Investigators found that Florio had inappropriate conversations with the 16-year-old student at school-related functions. He is also accused of asking the girl for naked pictures through social media.
Police detectives and Megan’s Law Detail arrested Florio at his San Jose home and booked him into the Santa Clara County Jail on the listed charges:
- Communicating with a minor to commit a specified felony (felony) Penal Code 288.3(a)
- Annoying/molesting a minor (misdemeanor) Penal Code 647.6(a)(1).
Anyone with information regarding this incident or any other similar incidents are urged to contact Detective Chris Mendoza #3883 of the San Jose Police Department’s ICAC/CED Unit at (408) 537-1379.
People wishing to remain anonymous can call the Crime Stoppers Tip Line, (408) 947-STOP (7867). Anyone who has information leading to the arrest and conviction of the suspect may be eligible for a cash reward from the Silicon Valley Crime Stoppers.
- SUSPECT ARRESTED IN FAIRFIELD CRASH THAT KILLED CHP OFFICER
- WORST ROADS IN CALIFORNIA ARE IN SF, OAKLAND, STUDY SAYS
- FDA RECALLS 2 THYROID MEDICATIONS OVER CONTAMINATION CONCERNS
- STUDY: WEED KILLER LINKED TO CANCER FOUND IN KIDS’ CEREAL, OATMEAL
FATHER KILLS MAN WHO TRIED TO ENTER HIS DAUGHTER’S BATHROOM STALL