SAN JOSE (KRON) — Officers arrested a 24-year-old man Friday after they had released a photo of him, along with others, asking the public to help identify suspects connected to assaults that happened during a rally for Donald Trump in San Jose last week.
Officers arrested San Jose resident Anthony Yi on suspicion of robbery, assault and battery, according to police.
The arrest stems from three separate incidents in which Yi allegedly robbed one victim and then assaulted two other people at the rally, police said.
The rally, which drew hundreds of protestors, occurred on June 2 outside the San Jose Convention Center, where the presumed Republican Party presidential nominee was scheduled to make an appearance.
One officer suffered a minor injury to his wrist during the event after someone threw a metal object at the officer, according to police.
In addition to Yi, eight other people have already been arrested in connection with the violence that occurred at the rally.
Officers arrested a 16-year-old San Jose resident who allegedly carried out two battery incidents on separate victims, one of which had gang overtones, and vandalism on private property, police said.
Another 16-year-old and a 17-year-old, both from San Jose, were arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and a 16-year-old Milpitas resident was arrested on suspicion of battery, according to police.
Officers also arrested San Jose residents Robert Trillo, 18, Antonio Fernandez, 19, and Santa Clara resident Ahmed Abdirahman, 19, on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon, police said.
Additionally, Michael Kitaigorodsky, 19, also of San Jose, was arrested on suspicion of refusing to disperse, according to police.
Police are continuing to investigate the many incidents that occurred at the rally and are asking for the public’s help to identify additional suspects.
Anyone with more information is being asked to call San Jose Police Department’s Assault’s Unit at 408-277-4161 or file a report online.