SAN MATEO COUNTY (KRON) – Four San Mateo County sheriff’s deputies have been cleared of violating a department policy after a man died last year when he was tased.
A deputy attempted to stop Chinedu Okobi for jaywalking.
When he resisted, officers used their tasers.
Okoboi died as a result.
The deputies were previously cleared of criminal charges by the San Mateo County District Attorney’s Office.
Okobi’s family has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office.
Latest News Headlines:
- First Republican publicly supports ousting McCarthy as Speaker
- Former First Lady Rosalynn Carter diagnosed with dementia
- Key House conservative on debt deal: ‘There’s a reason Mitt Romney supports this’
- Trump pledges to end birthright citizenship on first day in office
- Suspect in April SF Tenderloin homicide arrested