A Las Vegas man was arrested in Belmont on Friday after he was pulled over while driving a stolen car, according to San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office.
Around 12:19 p.m. 25-year-old Sidarriss Wallace was driving northbound on Highway 101 in a 2017 Toyota Camry with temporary paper plates from Nevada.
Deputies say Wallace had committed multiple vehicle code violations before being pulled over.
While stopped at Highway 101 and Ralston Avenue, officials checked the license plate through the DMV where they found that the car was reported stolen from Las Vegas.
Wallace was then booked into the San Mateo County Main Jail for stealing a vehicle and being in possession of a stolen vehicle.
Authorities say there were no other people in the car at the time, and it has since been towed.
Anyone who might have information on the crime is asked to call the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Anonymous Tip Line at 1-800-547-2700.
- RUSSIAN RIVER FLOODS 2K HOMES, BUSINESSES IN SONOMA COUNTY
- BAY AREA RESIDENTS DITCHING HIGH COST OF LIVING, MOVING AWAY
- PARENT WARNING: ‘MOMO CHALLENGE’ TARGETING KIDS ONLINE
- 2 ARRESTED IN BUFFET BRAWL OVER CRAB LEGS
- MAN ARRESTED FOR RAPING GIRL IN HALF MOON BAY