SANTA CLARA COUNTY (KRON) — A Santa Clara County sheriff’s lieutenant was arrested Wednesday in Las Vegas on allegations of workers’ compensation fraud.
The Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office says the lieutenant, Mandy Henderson, 41, engaged in “strenuous workouts while on work restrictions due to an alleged injury.”
The sheriff’s department says the woman mislead investigators regarding the severity of her injuries. The agency says that if the allegations are true, it’s a violation of the departments standards and of the public’s trust.
Henderson was arrested Wednesday in Las Vegas and is currently being held in the Clark County Jail, awaiting relocation back to Santa Clara County.
The woman has been charged with violating California insurance code by providing inaccurate statements with the intent of earning workers compensation and insurance fraud.
- TRUMP MAKES PUSH FOR BORDER WALL AFTER CALIFORNIA OFFICER KILLED
- HUNT CONTINUES FOR ESCAPED SAN QUENTIN INMATE
- PAPER LICENSE PLATES WILL BE ILLEGAL IN CALIFORNIA STARTING JAN. 1
- VIDEO: ABANDONED DOG TRIES TO JUMP BACK IN CAR
- 24-YEAR-OLD WOMAN KILLED BY SAN JOSE POLICE CHRISTMAS MORNING