FLORENCE, Ala. (WAFF/CNN) – A school in Alabama has taken the drastic step of removing the stall doors in some of the boys’ bathrooms – all to keep kids from vaping.
Wilson High School principal Gary Horton says every day, one of the students will sneak off to a bathroom to vape.
He says two weeks ago, a student was found passed out in a stall.
Some parents are taking issue with the school’s solution.
One says it’s too drastic.
“Me as a parent, personally I think that’s a little excessive,” one parent said.
“I don’t like it. They take their only private place in the school that they can do their business,” another parent commented.
The parents said a better solution would be to have an adult in the hallway or bathroom to make sure no one is vaping.
The principal says the door removals could be temporary as they work to figure out other solutions.
Do you think this will work? Join the conversation on our Facebook page
Latest News Headlines:
- Newsfeed Now: Renewed push in Congress for LGBTQ civil rights protections; Potato Head maker says it’s keeping ‘Mr.’ and ‘Mrs.’
- America’s neighbor authorizes AstraZeneca COVID vaccine
- Santa Clara County allows youth sports
- Bruno Mars releasing new music with Anderson .Paak as ‘Silk Sonic’ band
- Massive industrial complex fire burns structures, buses in Compton area; nearby apartments evacuated