A real Halloween horror story to tell you about.
A 36-year-old Florida woman went to multiple doctors complaining about a hard, itchy bump on her groin.
She said it happened after her honeymoon in Belize.
Doctors at Tampa’s Memorial Hospital thought the lesion could be a cyst or a lymph node problem — but it was far more rare.
A living creature had burrowed itself under the woman’s skin!
Doctors removed a human botfly larva — which is essentially a maggot.
The botfly is rare in the U.S. but common in the tropics.
After the removal, the woman’s lesion healed within a week.
One of the doctors involved wrote a report on the incident in this month’s Journal of Investigative Medicine.
- NOTORIOUS MOBSTER JAMES “WHITEY” BULGER KILLED IN PRISON
- SHERIFF: TEACHER HAD SEX WITH RELATIVE, VIDEO POSTED ONLINE
- HOW TO STOP THOSE ANNOYING ROBOCALLS
- VIDEO: GUY BRINGS CHAINSAWS ON BART TRAIN
- BROTHER: COUPLE DIED IN YOSEMITE FALL WHILE TAKING SELFIE