HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. (WSAV) – An unusual baby sea turtle was discovered on Hilton Head Island on Tuesday.
The Sea Turtle Patrol Hilton Head Island shared a photo of a tiny, two-headed turtle on Wednesday. The turtle was found during a nest inventory.
The group said the technical name for the two-headed turtle is “bicephalic” and said the mutation is more common in reptiles than in other animals.
Sea Turtle Patrol named the pair Squirt and Crush before releasing the hatchling into the ocean.
LATEST NEWS HEADLINES:
- SF’s Pete’s Tavern, Pedro’s Cantina announce closure
- ‘She was a good soul’: Woman remembered as police continue to investigate San Joaquin Delta boat crash
- Alameda pet fair marks America’s largest pet adoption event
- 16 de septiembre: Everything you need to know about ‘El Grito’
- Rain to make Monday morning commute slick