HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. (WSAV) – An unusual baby sea turtle was discovered on Hilton Head Island on Tuesday.
The Sea Turtle Patrol Hilton Head Island shared a photo of a tiny, two-headed turtle on Wednesday. The turtle was found during a nest inventory.
The group said the technical name for the two-headed turtle is “bicephalic” and said the mutation is more common in reptiles than in other animals.
Sea Turtle Patrol named the pair Squirt and Crush before releasing the hatchling into the ocean.
LATEST NEWS HEADLINES:
- WATCH: Hundreds of sailors give hero’s send-off to fired commander of aircraft carrier hit by coronavirus
- Paddleboarder arrested at Malibu Pier for violating state stay at home order
- IRS to start sending stimulus checks April 9, but some won’t get money until September
- Warm, emotional send-off for recovered COVID-19 patient
- PHOTOS: The spaces we filled, now filled with space