SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — The San Francisco Police Department announced Monday that it would be increasing high-visibility patrols in the Mission District. The increase came as a response to an uptick in violent robberies in the area.
In February, two teenagers and an adult were arrested in connection to a series of robberies in the Mission District. On February 23, three robberies were reported in the span of an hour in the Mission District.
A man was also fatally stabbed in the Mission District around 2:00 a.m. April 7.
Additionally, SFPD offered these tips on how to remain safe in the city:
• Always be alert and aware of your surroundings.
• Trust your intuition! If something feels weird, trust your gut and change the situation.
• Keep valuables and electronics out of sight.
• Safety in numbers—walk with others, on populated streets.
• Know your resources. Use this guide to get started.
For more advice on how to stay safe while on the streets, click HERE.