There were reports of a possible explosion near the Powell Street BART station Saturday night.
According to the San Francisco Police Department, based on preliminary information the loud bag was from a firework that was set off.
BART spokesman, Chris Filippi, said the entrance to the station at 5th and Market was temporarily closed, but later reopened.
The station was not evacuated and all trains are making normal stops.
No one was injured nor was any property damaged.
- RUSSIAN RIVER FLOODS 2K HOMES, BUSINESSES IN SONOMA COUNTY
- BAY AREA RESIDENTS DITCHING HIGH COST OF LIVING, MOVING AWAY
- PARENT WARNING: ‘MOMO CHALLENGE’ TARGETING KIDS ONLINE
- 2 ARRESTED IN BUFFET BRAWL OVER CRAB LEGS
- MAN ARRESTED FOR RAPING GIRL IN HALF MOON BAY