The boyfriend of a 22-year-old woman who died in a landslide at San Francisco’s Fort Funston last week is speaking out.
Kyra Sunshine Scarlet’s body was never recovered.
The National Park Service announced Friday that they ended the search for her remains as it’s likely her body was swept out to sea by the high tide.
Scarlet’s boyfriend, Shawn Gan, said it has been a very difficult time saying,” A lot has been going through my mind. Just missing her and wishing she was here.”
Gan said that Scarlet, her friend, and her dog were trying to avoid the high tide when the landslide occurred.
The two women and her dog were trapped in the mud. Scarlet’s friend and dog were rescued but she was never found.
Her family is has set up a GoFundMe for donations towards a memorial fund in her honor. Click here to donate.
- RUSSIAN RIVER FLOODS 2K HOMES, BUSINESSES IN SONOMA COUNTY
- BAY AREA RESIDENTS DITCHING HIGH COST OF LIVING, MOVING AWAY
- PARENT WARNING: ‘MOMO CHALLENGE’ TARGETING KIDS ONLINE
- 2 ARRESTED IN BUFFET BRAWL OVER CRAB LEGS
- MAN ARRESTED FOR RAPING GIRL IN HALF MOON BAY