CONTRA COSTA COUNTY (KRON) – Firefighters are on scene battling more than a dozen vegetation fires between Brentwood and Clayton in Contra Costa County.
The fire is now being called the Marsh Fire.
The fire is burning through a six mile stretch of road between Morgan Territory Road and Dear Valley.
At 7:19 p.m., Cal Fire tweeted that Morgan Territory Road is now open to the public.
Firefighters will remain on the scene overnight and through tomorrow to secure the perimeters of the fires.
Incident Commander Mike Marcucci says, the fire is not threatening any homes or structures.
As of 5:05 p.m., the fire is 655 acres and 75% contained.
Firefighters expect to have the fires under control today.
A Shelter In Place has been ordered and residents are advised to stay inside and close all windows and doors.
The cause of fire is under investigation.
- Man refuses to let son back in house after spring break trip amid coronavirus outbreak
- ‘Taco Tuesday’: Taco Bell plans to feed America this Tuesday
- Instacart makes changes ahead of planned worker strike
- INTERACTIVE MAP: How many coronavirus tests have been conducted in my state?
- Alan Merrill, co-writer of ‘I love Rock ‘n’ Roll,’ dies from coronavirus complications