CONTRA COSTA COUNTY (KRON) – Firefighters are on scene battling more than a dozen vegetation fires between Brentwood and Clayton in Contra Costa County.
The fire is now being called the Marsh Fire.
The fire is burning through a six mile stretch of road between Morgan Territory Road and Dear Valley.
At 7:19 p.m., Cal Fire tweeted that Morgan Territory Road is now open to the public.
Firefighters will remain on the scene overnight and through tomorrow to secure the perimeters of the fires.
Incident Commander Mike Marcucci says, the fire is not threatening any homes or structures.
As of 5:05 p.m., the fire is 655 acres and 75% contained.
Firefighters expect to have the fires under control today.
A Shelter In Place has been ordered and residents are advised to stay inside and close all windows and doors.
The cause of fire is under investigation.
- Couple shares experience after being quarantined on Diamond Princess cruise ship
- Denny Hamlin wins 3rd Daytona 500; Ryan Newman hospitalized
- Senator Bernie Sanders campaigned for votes in Bay Area
- Las Vegas Raiders: Who will be their next quarterback?
- Racing world takes to social media reacting to Ryan Newman crash at Daytona 500