FREMONT (KRON)–BART experienced significant delays on the Fremont and Warm Springs lines Thursday morning after a maintenance truck derailed.
BART officials issued an advisory around 4:30 a.m. and notified commuters of the major delays. The maintenance truck was designed to move along the tracks.
Trains ran on a single track between Union City and South Hayward due to the disabled vehicle.
Crews worked through the morning to repair a damaged third rail caused by the incident. BART officials said the scene was cleared around 8:30 a.m. and trains are running at a reduced speed.
AC Transit is providing mutual aid to shuttle passengers between Union City BART- Bay Fair BART at this time:
Bay Fair-Hayward: Lines 10, 32, 93
Hayward-South Hayward: Lines 86, 99
Union City-Hayward: Line 99
Major Problem #BART delays continue up to 20min
– Robin Winston (@RobinWinstonTV) February 1, 2018
– Lydia Pantazes (@LydiaPantazes) February 1, 2018
8:30am update: power crews have finished and cleared the track near South Hayward. The first train through will run at reduced speed and do a track inspection. We are sorry for the delays and crowded trains.
– SFBART (@SFBART) February 1, 2018
- OLDEST OF SHACKLED SIBLINGS WENT TO COLLEGE, DIDN’T SEEK HELP
- VIDEO: OFFICER HIT BY CAR AT RICHMOND SIDESHOW
- VIDEO: TEEN SHOT IN THE HEAD DURING INTERNET CHALLENGE
- MAN BUYS WINNING $1 MILLION LOTTERY TICKET IN SAN JOSE
- COURT: IMMIGRANT CHILDREN DON’T HAVE RIGHT TO FREE LAWYER
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE