Authorities have released a sketch of a young girl whose body was found along a Southern California hiking trail.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department on Wednesday sought the public’s help in identifying the child, believed to have been between 8 and 13 years old.
The body was discovered Tuesday morning by workers landscaping a trail in Hacienda Heights southeast of Los Angeles. The girl was wearing a pink, long-sleeved shirt with the message: “Future Princess Hero.”
She had been stuffed in a travel bag, with her upper body protruding.
Authorities say it appears the child died elsewhere and was pushed off a roadway embankment onto the Skyline Trail.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- SAN FRANCISCO RENT HITS NEW HIGH, MOST EXPENSIVE IN US
- GROWING NUMBER OF HOMEOWNERS MOVING OUT OF BAY AREA
- AMERICA’S MOST POPULAR NATIONAL PARK IS IN THE BAY AREA
- TEEN ALLEGEDLY ADMITS TO SPIKING STEPDAD’S DRINK WITH SEDATIVES
- 5-YEAR-OLD BOY CALLS POLICE ON ‘MOMO CHALLENGE’