Crews are working to contain a fire at a garbage collection service in Brisbane Tuesday morning.
Authorities say the fire at Recology is producing smoke in the southern end of San Francisco.
As of 1 p.m., the fire is 30 percent contained and is confined to a large construction debris pile, according to the city.
People in the area are advised to limit exposure outdoors and shut all windows and doors.
According to the San Francisco Unified School District, Visitacion Valley Middle School in San Francisco is releasing students for the day due to this fire.
School officials tell KRON4 smoke is making its way through the school’s ventilation system and several students have complained of headaches and trouble breathing.
The school and district are working to contact parents right now.
Check back for updates.
- 49ERS CHEERLEADER WHO TOOK A KNEE DURING ANTHEM FROM ANTIOCH
- PRICE REDUCED FOR TINY HOME FOR SALE IN SAN FRANCISCO
- KIDNAPPED MAN LIKELY FED TO HOGS, COURT DOCS REVEAL
- CONSTRUCTION WORKERS FIND 1,000 HUMAN TEETH INSIDE WALL
- TEENS DISCOVER THEY’RE HAVING SEX WITH SAME TEACHER, TELL HIS WIFE