BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KGET/KRON) - Snow had forced the closure of Interstate 5 over the Grapevine in Southern California.
According to the California Highway Patrol, both directions of I-5 were shut down for several hours between Los Angeles and the San Joaquin Valley.
There were reports of several accidents due to weather conditions.
Transportation officials say vehicles were sliding in lanes along the key north-south route.
Once the snow was cleared away, officials reopened I-5.
#I-5 TRAFFIC ALERT: SNOW is causing major traffic problems on #I-5 in the #Lebec and #Grapevine areas, with vehicles sliding across roadways. SLOW DOWN and #BeSafe. If you can, choose alternate routes. Check Caltrans' Quickmap, https://t.co/NBeQFoO0lp, for updates. pic.twitter.com/sTJyxrtdnQ— Caltrans District 7 (@CaltransDist7) December 6, 2018
- FOUR OFFICERS INJURED IN STRUGGLE WITH MAN IN ALAMEDA
- ALLEGED GANG MEMBER KILLED IN POLICE SHOOTING NEAR MARTINEZ
- 27-YEAR-OLD DEAD AFTER OFFICER-INVOLVED SHOOTING IN NAPA
- WOMAN KILLS ESCAPED INMATE WHO KICKED IN HER DOOR
- THIS 7-YEAR-OLD MAKES $22 MILLION A YEAR ON YOUTUBE
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Baby dies after mom's boyfriend fractures his skull on Valentine's Day
- Shooter in deadly Illinois rampage was not supposed to own a gun, police say
- 4 arrested after police chase in San Francisco
- Over 220-pounds of cocaine seized in Ventura County