Authorities are investigating the death of a Southern California man whose body was found inside the trunk of his car.
The Orange County Sheriff’s Department on Saturday identified him as 31-year-old Jeffrey Cheng of Irvine.
Investigators say Cheng was discovered Friday morning in the trunk of a Lexus parked on a residential block in the city of Stanton. The Los Angeles Times reports the car, which was registered to Cheng, had blood stains and a shattered driver’s side window.
The newspaper says detectives are looking at surveillance footage from the area.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- 3 CASES OF MEASLES CONFIRMED IN BAY AREA
- SAN JOSE MOM, TWO YOUNG SONS DEAD IN APPARENT MURDER-SUICIDE
- ARCHAEOLOGISTS FIND HIDDEN TUNNELS BELOW ALCATRAZ PRISON
- MOM RAPED, SET ON FIRE KILLS ATTACKER BY DRAGGING HIM INTO FLAMES
- SAN FRANCISCO RENT HITS NEW HIGH, MOST EXPENSIVE IN US