SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) – The Bay Area Air Quality Management District is extending the Spare the Air Alert for wildfire smoke in the Bay Area through Tuesday, September 1st.
It’s illegal for Bay Area residents and businesses to use their fireplaces, wood stoves, pellet stoves, outdoor fire pits or any other wood-burning devices during a Spare the Air Alert.
The extension of the alert is a result of various wildfires still burning across the Bay Area.
To find out you current air quality conditions, click here.
- Stimulus checks: Mark Cuban pushes for $1,000 payments every 2 weeks
- ‘Cake Boss’ star’s right hand impaled in ‘terrible’ bowling accident
- KRON4 Morning Buzz: Breonna Taylor protests
- City cracks down on Tenderloin drug dealers, civil lawsuits filed
- 3 arrested after man fatally run over by own van while trying to stop vehicle theft