Starbucks is recalling more than 260,000 Bodum coffee presses in the U.S. and Canada after receiving 9 reports of users being injured.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission issued a statement on the recall of Bodum + Starbucks coffee presses, manufactured in Portugal and sold nationwide at Starbucks from Nov. 2016 through Jan. 2019.
Recall products have the SKU number 0110063549.
Anyone with the recalled product can return it to the place of purchase for a refund.
According to officials, 9 reports have been made of coffee drinkers being injured after the coffee press’ knob broke and resulted in an exposed metal rod, resulting in either cuts or puncture injuries.
Consumers with questions can contact Starbucks toll-free at 888-843-0245.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- NOTORIOUS CA KILLER ACCUSED OF BEHEADING, TORTURING CELLMATE
- U.S. OFFICIALS: ARMY VET’S PLAN TO BOMB NAZI RALLY IN SOCAL FOILED
- BUS DRIVER WHO PLEADED GUILTY TO RAPE OF GIRL GETS NO JAIL TIME
- VIDEO: KILLER WHALES ATTACK GRAY WHALE CALF IN MONTEREY BAY
- WATCH: GIRL HIDES TO AVOID CAR FOLLOWING HER IN VACAVILLE