Acting Governor Newsom on Friday issued an emergency proclamation for Los Angeles and Ventura Counties due to the Hill and Woolsey fires.
Just a day earlier, Newsom had issued an emergency proclamation for Butte County due to the effects of the Camp Fire.
A letter was sent to the President and FEMA, requesting a Presidential Emergency Declaration for Direct Federal Assistance to support those affected by wildfires burning statewide.
- SMOKE FROM CAMP FIRE POURS INTO BAY AREA
- CAMP FIRE IN BUTTE COUNTY EXPLODES IN SIZE
- INTERACTIVE MAP: WHERE IS THE CAMP FIRE BURNING
- NAPA NATIVE, NICE OF ‘SISTER, SISTER’ ACTRESS DIES IN SHOOTING
- WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT THE GUNMAN IN THOUSAND OAKS MASSACRE