PUNTA GORDA, Fla. (AP) — Officials say a Florida woman who pulled a small alligator from her yoga pants during a traffic stop and illegally possessed numerous other wild animals has been sentenced to probation after pleading guilty to four charges.
Florida prosecutors say a Charlotte County sheriff’s deputy stopped a pickup truck in May after it ran a stop sign. The driver, 22-year-old driver Michael Clemons, told the deputy he and his 25-year-old passenger, Ariel Machan-Le Quire, were collecting frogs and snakes under an overpass. He gave the deputy permission to search bags in the truck.
When the deputy found 41 3-stripe turtles in a “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle” backpack, he asked if Machan-Le Quire had anything else. She pulled the 1-foot gator from her pants.
Officials say the Clemons case is pending.
Latest News Headlines:
- Justice Dept. inspector general opens probe of response to Capitol riot
- Live: What else is in Biden’s $1.9T coronavirus plan?
- Suspect wanted for sexually assaulting woman in South San Francisco
- Ball security at the top of the list for Bills offense vs. Ravens
- California urged to move inmates to front of vaccine line