MILWAUKEE, Wisc. (WISN/CNN) – “There’s a guy behind us and he has a. . he’s driving really reckless but he has a hawk in his car.”
Oak Creek police made a traffic stop Sunday and had to think if maybe the 911 caller was mistaken.
But it turns out it was pretty close.
Rather than a hawk – it was a brown chicken.
They pulled it from the car and put it in the back of the squad car with the driver’s cousin.
“So they had a chicken in the car.”
According to the officer’s report, besides numerous open cans of beer, “I also did notice a live chicken that was fluttering the inside of the vehicle.”
It’s the third drunk-driving arrest for 42-year-old Ernesto Martinez-Garnica of Milwaukee.
But as far as we know, the first involving poultry.
Latest News Headlines:
- Trump pushing for more transparency in health care costs
- ICE to detain, deport US Navy vet despite judge’s order
- San Leandro police arrest robbery suspects accused of targeting elderly victims
- Santa Clarita school shooter dies from self-inflicted wound
- Pennsylvania teacher suspended after allegedly talking about shooting students