MILWAUKEE, Wisc. (WISN/CNN) – “There’s a guy behind us and he has a. . he’s driving really reckless but he has a hawk in his car.”
Oak Creek police made a traffic stop Sunday and had to think if maybe the 911 caller was mistaken.
But it turns out it was pretty close.
Rather than a hawk – it was a brown chicken.
They pulled it from the car and put it in the back of the squad car with the driver’s cousin.
“So they had a chicken in the car.”
According to the officer’s report, besides numerous open cans of beer, “I also did notice a live chicken that was fluttering the inside of the vehicle.”
It’s the third drunk-driving arrest for 42-year-old Ernesto Martinez-Garnica of Milwaukee.
But as far as we know, the first involving poultry.
Latest News Headlines:
- Officials say search for Palo Alto couple missing since Valentine’s Day is now a ‘recovery mission’
- Map shows active TCE cleanup sites near Oakland’s McClymonds High School
- Coronavirus patient being treated at San Francisco hospital
- Kia recalls SUVs, vans; electrical problem can cause fires
- First coronavirus patient in Santa Clara County released from isolation