(CNN) – More than 100 gallons of holy water were dropped across a town in Louisiana.
CNN shared photos of a ceremony that was held Sunday afternoon on Cow Island, which is about 3 minutes outside of Lafayette.
The Diocese of Lafayette said parishioners brought the water from their homes and a priest prayed over it before the bottles were loaded onto a plane.
The water was sprayed onto the town and nearby farms.
- Community gathers to celebrate Lunar New Year in San Francisco’s Chinatown
- Newborn safe after dropped off in Safe Haven box
- Virus death toll in China rises as Xi calls situation grave
- LeBron James passes Kobe Bryant for 3rd on NBA scoring list
- Several Dodgers go public, speak on Astros’ cheating scandal