DENVER (AP) — Officials say a United Airlines flight from Washington D.C. to San Francisco was diverted to Denver after a passenger got stuck inside the jet’s bathroom.
KUSA-TV reported that Denver International Airport spokeswoman Emily Williams says the door to one of the airplane’s bathrooms would not open, but could not confirm why.
Williams says the flight crew called for assistance and the Denver firefighters helped open the door.
The passenger was safely removed from the bathroom after landing and everyone continued on to their destination on a new aircraft, a United spokesperson confirmed.
At least one passenger took to Twitter to document the incident.
Latest News Headlines:
- Trump impeachment rally held in San Francisco
- Christopher Columbus statue vandalized in San Francisco
- 10-year-old Napa boy inspired California’s new ‘lunch shaming’ ban
- Family seeks answers after police kill Texas woman at her home
- Family, friends remember East Bay Pastor killed in Colusa County car crash