BEIJING (AP) — McDonald’s is selling a sandwich made of Spam topped with crushed Oreo cookies Monday in China in an attention-grabbing move that has raised eyebrows.
Global brands from restaurants to automakers sometimes roll out offbeat products to appeal to Chinese tastes in the populous and intensely competitive market.
This is undoubtedly one of them.
“I thought it was delicious,” said a comment signed Feifei Mao Enthusiast on the Sina Weibo microblog service. “Is that because I love McDonald’s too deeply? Or is something wrong with my taste?”
The sandwich is made of two slices of Spam, a product of Hormel Foods LLC, and Mondelez International’s Oreo cookies, topped with mayonnaise.
- Coast Guard suspends search for Fremont boy swept out in dangerous waves
- Watch: Trump wishes Biden administration ‘great luck’ in departure speech
- No Mega Millions winner as jackpot climbs to $970 million
- What to expect at an inauguration unlike any other
- Officials urge pause to Moderna vaccine after allergic reactions