PUNTA GORDA, Fla. (KRON) - Oh, Florida...
Police conducting a traffic stop got a wild surprise when the woman they had stopped pulled an alligator out of her yoga pants Monday morning.
According to the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office, deputies pulled over the pickup truck a little after 3 a.m. after they said it blew past a stop sign.
Authorities gave the driver a warning and asked if the two "had anything else."
It was at this moment officials said the woman opened a backpack on the floor to reveal 41 small three-stripe turtles.
Then, she pulled out a foot-long alligator out of her yoga pants and placed it in the bed of the truck, according to authorities.
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission is now investigating.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area's Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- OAKLAND GHOST SHIP TRIAL: WITNESS TESTIMONY BEGINS
- CONTAMINATED TAP WATER CENTER OF DEBATE BETWEEN CA LAWMAKERS
- 'PEEPING TOM' ARRESTED FOR SEXUALLY ASSAULTING WOMAN IN MILLBRAE
- MARVEL-THEMED LAND COMING TO DISNEY'S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
- 41 KILLED IN RUSSIAN PLANE CRASH LANDING