(CNN) – Rapper T.I. is stirring the pot on social media after saying he takes his teen daughter to the gynecologist every year to verify she’s still a virgin.
According to BuzzFeed News, on a podcast of “Ladies Like Us” that was released Tuesday, T.I. was asked about whether he talks to his daughters about sex.
T.I. replied by admitting he goes on annual visits to the gynecologist with his daughter Deyjah Harris to find out if her “hymen is intact.”
The revelation has garnered widespread criticism online.
Some social media users ripped the rapper, saying his actions are totally uncalled for and even abusive.
Meanwhile, Deyjah, who is 18-years-old and a college student, has not commented publicly, but she has “liked” several of her dad’s critics on Twitter.
In a study published by the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health this year, a group of physicians “concluded that an examination of hymen is not an accurate or reliable test of sexual activity.”
Latest News Headlines:
- Black Vines hosts 9th annual celebration: A Toast to Black Wineries and Diverse Art
- Adopt a senior dog in February with no fees at Muttville Senior Dog Rescue
- Boys, 13, charged with murder in Porterville library fire that killed 2 firefighters
- Pedestrian hit by car in San Jose dies, another injured
- Police: 24-year-old arrested for stabbing victim multiple times in Fairfield