A Shasta County community is mourning the loss of a young woman who was murdered overseas.
21-year-old Sarah Papenheim was in college studying in the Netherlands.
On Wednesday, she was stabbed to death at her apartment by a man. Her mother says the man was her roommate.
One of her high school teachers from the small town of Palo Cedro says Sarah was happiest while playing the drums.
The man who police say killed her was arrested.
Police have not yet released a motive for the stabbing.
- OAKLAND SUES NFL, RAIDERS OVER ‘ILLEGAL MOVE’ TO LAS VEGAS
- STEPH CURRY SAYS HE DOESN’T BELIEVE MOON LANDING IS REAL
- BAY AREA FAMILY DESPERATELY SEARCHES FOR MISSING STUDENT
- VIDEO: SANTACON PARTIERS TRASH SAN FRANCISCO RESTAURANT
- 9-YEAR-OLD KILLS HERSELF AFTER RACIST TAUNTS, FAMILY SAYS