COLUMBIA, Ky. (AP) — Two Kentucky high school students who dressed as the Columbine High School shooters for Halloween have been suspended.
WHAS-TV reports the Adair County High School students went to school Wednesday wearing the costumes.
The girls’ outfits resembled the clothes 18-year-old Eric Harris and 17-year-old Dylan Klebold wore when they killed 12 classmates and a teacher and wounded 26 others before killing themselves in the Colorado school in 1999.
Social media posts showed the two girls re-enacting moments from the shooting, with side-by-side images of them next to actual photos of it.
A statement from County Schools Superintendent Pamela Stephens says the students are suspended pending an investigation.
- VIDEO: MAN WITH CHAINSAW TERRIFIES BART RIDERS ON TRAIN
- SEE IT: ‘DEEPLY EMBEDDED MAGGOT’ FOUND LIVING IN WOMAN’S GROIN
- WATCH: LITTLE GIRL GOES TRICK-OR-TREATING IN ‘HEADLESS’ COSTUME
- HOW TO STOP THOSE ANNOYING ROBOCALLS
- COUPLE DIED IN YOSEMITE FALL WHILE TAKING SELFIE