LAS VEGAS (KLAS) – The driver of an SUV is dead after fleeing a crash involving a pedestrian, then causing a second crash involving two other vehicles, police said.
According to Las Vegas Metro Police, the first crash happened around 11 p.m. Sunday when the driver of a Chevrolet SUV struck a pedestrian and left the scene.
Moments later, the driver ran a red light, resulting in a three-car collision, police said. That intersection was closed until around 6 a.m. Monday morning as police investigated the crash.
The SUV driver was transported to the hospital and pronounced dead. There was no information released on the pedestrian.
- Newsfeed Now: Presidential debate preparations; FBI announces possible election interference
- Judge drops 3rd-degree murder charge against ex-cop in George Floyd death
- Power Shutoffs loom for over 37,000 customers
- US study shows low risk of contracting COVID-19 while flying
- Bay Area breast cancer survivor to lead charity cycling ride