SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — BART officials reported a system-wide delay after a string of small earthquakes struck the East Bay.
At 5:52 a.m. BART tweeted the 10-minute delay was “due to earlier seismic activity.”14 earthquakes have hit the Danville and Diablo areas since 11:30 p.m. last night.
The latest one was also the largest one, striking Diablo with a 3.5 magnitude at 5:30 a.m.
People in Danville and San Ramon report feeling shaking.
About 30 minutes later, officials said the tracks were clear and trains returned to normal service.
There is no longer a delay.
10 min delay system wide due to earlier seismic activity.— SFBARTalert (@SFBARTalert) February 23, 2018
- SWARM OF SMALL EARTHQUAKES RATTLE DANVILLE
- VIDEO: BAY AREA SEES RECORD-BREAKING LOW TEMPS, HAIL & SNOW
- SANTA CRUZ COUPLE CARJACKED AT GUNPOINT DURING MEXICO TRIP
- FBI JOINS IN SEARCH FOR MISSING 5-YEAR-OLD BOY
- ANGRY MOB BEATS RAPE, MURDER SUSPECTS TO DEATH
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE