We’ve been honoring outstanding teachers in the Bay Area.
And on Tuesday, we are honoring an English language development and Spanish teacher.
Debbie Mccrea is at Redwood High School.
Her students include those who are new to the U.S. and learning to speak English. Debbie’s class is described as a safe haven for students who need support and extra help to reach their potential.
She’s even trained other staff members to make sure they know the best ways to do that.
Colleagues say her empathy and creativity are making a dramatic difference.
Debbie also teaches upper-level advanced placement Spanish.
Her students adore her and return to her classroom as peer tutors and adult educators to help others.
To nominate a teacher, click here.
- SUSPECT IN FREMONT HOMICIDE AT LARGE
- NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK, NAUGHTY BY NATURE, MORE COMING TO BAY AREA
- NO ALIENS: SPACEX LAUNCH LIGHTS UP BAY AREA SKY
- 4 SISTERS, NEWLYWEDS AMONG 20 KILLED IN NY STRETCH LIMO CRASH
- COSBY’S LAWYERS ASK COURT TO VOID HIS CONVICTION, PRISON SENTENCE