This week’s outstanding teacher that is being honored in the Bay Area is Jennifer Kenny-Baum.
She is the wellness center coordinator at Redwood High School in Larkspur.
Kenny-Baum is described as an advocate for teen health and wellness in schools.
Colleagues say she’s created a warm and welcoming place for students.
She’s also the school social worker.
Her work includes one-on-one therapy, clinical supervision and health education in the classrooms.
Kenny-Baum helped create the school district’s very first wellness center and has done ‘incredible work’ in expanding services and getting kids connected to the care they need.
If you know a special teacher you’d like to nominate, just go to our website kron4.com and click on ‘Features’ and choose ‘Teacher of the Week.’
- UBER, LYFT BLAMED FOR TRAFFIC IN SAN FRANCISCO
- VIDEO: GEORGE LOPEZ FIGHTS TRUMP SUPPORTER AT HOOTERS
- CANADA TO BECOME LARGEST COUNTRY WITH LEGAL MARIJUANA
- SHERIFF: BABY STABBED, PUT IN OVEN, THEN BAKED BEFORE DEATH
- OPIOID 500X MORE POWERFUL THAN MORPHINE COULD HIT MARKET