The Tennesee Bureau of Investigation says a father wanted for allegedly raping a 16-month-old boy was arrested after nearly a week on the run, WKRN reported.
Simon Dean Porter, 33, was detained in Scottsboro, Alabama just before 11 a.m. Sunday as he was walking along a highway.
State law enforcement began investigating Porter after doctors at Vanderbilt University Medical Center had notified police of the boy’s severe injuries. Police said a tip from a citizen led to his arrest.
“The little boy was hurt pretty bad,”said Lt. Blake Grooms of the Lawrenceburg Police Department. “To the point of permanent damage for the rest of his life.”
WKRN reports Porter is on his way back to Tennessee to face aggravated rape charges.
“This case rips my heart out,” Grooms added. “I can’t even express it. I’m not even a parent, but when someone tells me that a 16-month-old child has been maliciously and intentionally hurt, words cannot describe it.”
- BAY AREA CITIES NOW AMONG MOST POLLUTED IN WORLD
- AIR QUALITY ISSUES IN BAY AREA EXPECTED UNTIL NEXT WEEK
- CAMP FIRE DEATH TOLL GROWS; HUNDREDS STILL MISSING
- MAP SHOWS HOMES DAMAGED, DESTROYED IN CAMP FIRE
- PG&E CRITICIZED OVER DEADLY CAMP FIRE