(WFLA) – The Tesla Roadster that was launched into space earlier this year with a mannequin behind the wheel has now passed Mars.
SpaceX recently updated the status of the car and its driver “Starman.” In a tweet, the company said its headed to a “restaurant at the end of the universe.”
“Starman” and the Roadster were launched into space on a Falcon Heavy rocket back in February. SpaceX launched the rocket from Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral.
“Starman” is behind the wheel wearing a fully-functioning SpaceX space suit. The company says the trip will help test the suit and prepare for future flights with human passengers.
- 49ERS CHEERLEADER WHO TOOK A KNEE DURING ANTHEM FROM ANTIOCH
- PRICE REDUCED FOR TINY HOME FOR SALE IN SAN FRANCISCO
- KIDNAPPED MAN LIKELY FED TO HOGS, COURT DOCS REVEAL
- CONSTRUCTION WORKERS FIND 1,000 HUMAN TEETH INSIDE WALL
- TEENS DISCOVER THEY’RE HAVING SEX WITH SAME TEACHER, TELL HIS WIFE