More than 10,000 people have signed a petition seeking to merge North and South Dakota into a single state known as ‘MegaKota.’
Dillan Stewart said he started the change.org petition because he thinks “Itd (sic) be pretty cool to have a state called MegaKota.” He also said that if it happens, Puerto Rico could become a state without needing to change the flag.
Many people signing gave their reasons for wanting to merge the states.
“I would rather be able to say I’m from MegaKota than South Dakota,” said Nathan Bolger.
“This is the least ridiculous political ambition I’ve seen this year,” said Trayia Beals.
“It just makes sense to do this. Also, MegaKota is a pretty rad state name,” said Isaiah Croatt.
- SAMSUNG UNVEILS MASSIVE 219-INCH TC CALLED ‘THE WALL’
- GRAPHIC VIDEO: MAN BRINGS DEAD RACCOON IN SF MCDONALD’S
- 6-YEAR-OLD BOY FOUND ALIVE IN MOM’S ATTIC MONTHS AFTER GOING MISSING
- CUTE: HOTEL GIVES SF KID’S TOYS LUXURY STAY AFTER BEING LEFT BEHIND
- AMERICANS AREN’T MAKING ENOUGH BABIES TO SUSTAIN THE POPULATION