SAN MATEO COUNTY (KRON) — Dozens protested outside the San Mateo Board of Supervisors meeting on Monday night — upset over the use of tasers within the county.
Chinedu Okobi, 36, died last year after he was tased by a deputy — one of at least three taser deaths within the county inthe last year.
Video shows the moments before Okobi was shot. His sister, a Facebook executive, says video she’s seen doesn’t match the story given by police — that her brother was running in and out of traffic and later assaulted an officer.
Monday night a special meeting was held by the San Mateo County Supervisors — those for and against tasers spoke.
Statistics show 1 in 3,500 taser shots are deadly versus 1 in 1,000 deadly gun shots.
Those against tasers says one deadly shot from anything is one too many.
- FALLING CONCRETE SHUTS DOWN RICHMOND-SAN RAFAEL BRIDGE
- GAS LINE EXPLOSION SPARKS MASSIVE FIRE IN SAN FRANCISCO
- FDA: DEADLY CANCEL LINKED TO BREAST IMPLANTS
- VIDEO: MAN STOPS ON BUSY HWY, SHOOTS SCHOOL BUS DRIVER IN HEAD
- MAN THREW METH-FUELED ‘DEATH PARTY’ FOR HIS WIFE BEFORE SHE DIED