Thursday is the 14th day of the third month – 3, 1, and 4.
Those digits are crucial because they make March 14th National Pi Day!
Not pie as in apple pie or pizza pie, but pi as in the mathematical constant 3.14 — represented by the Greek letter for pi.
It’s the ratio of a circle’s circumference to its diameter.
According to National Calendar Day, the first major observance for Pi Day was in 1988 at the San Francisco Exploratorium.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- COLLEGE CHEATING SCANDAL: ACTORS, STANFORD COACH CHARGED
- SUSPECT ARRESTED IN STABBING DEATH OF SAN JOSE MOTHER
- FACEBOOK SAYS SOME QUIZZES WERE GUISE TO HACK YOUR ACCOUNT
- TRUMP SAYS ‘AIRPLANES ARE BECOMING FAR TOO COMPLEX TO FLY’
- WATCH: HUNDREDS OF TACOS RAIN DOWN ON VISITORS IN TEXAS