The threat from a wildfire that destroyed 21 homes in Northern California’s wine country is growing.
The video in this story shows a timelapse of the Kincade Fire from St. Helena and it was provides by OKeefe Design + Photography.
The blaze in Sonoma County previously prompted evacuation orders for about 2,000 people in Geyserville.
On Friday night, fire officials warned people in six small communities in neighboring Lake County to be prepared to evacuate at any time if the order is given. Several thousand people live in the area.
The communities are in an area where a 2015 blaze killed four people and burned nearly 2,000 homes and other buildings.
Crews are struggling in the battle against the Sonoma County fire. Fierce gusty winds expected to return Saturday night could drive it through the area with even more intensity.
- Man, 22, charged with murder after police chase leaves mother of six dead
- Protesters block lanes of Golden Gate Bridge during march
- Fontana police officer on paid leave following arrest on suspicion of raping 16-year-old girl
- The Golden Gate Bridge is singing. Here’s why
- The loneliest of D-Day remembrances is hit by pandemic