You may be exhausted and all spent out from holiday shopping, but nothing sucks more than having your gifts stolen from your car or porch.
Officers want to prevent as many package thefts as they can this holiday season.
Here are some a few Cyber Monday safety tips from the Milpitas Police Department:
- Do not leave anything in your car when you are shopping. Car prowlers target parking lots throughout the holiday season in anticipation of busy neighbors leaving packages in their cars while shopping.
- If you are having your purchases shipped to your house, sign up for delivery alerts from the shipper. If you aren’t home during delivery, message a neighbor that you trust and ask them to take the package back to their place until you get home.
- If possible, require a signature for all your deliveries. If there’s no one home to sign for the package, it won’t be left at your home.
- Be neighborly. If you see a package sitting on a neighbor’s doorstep, reach out to your neighbor and ask if they would like you to hold it until they are home.
- Keep your car and house doors locked at all times.
- If your employer allows it, consider having packages shipped to your workplace.
- Some online retailers offer a locker service such a s Amazon Locker. Packages are delivered to a location where lockers have been securely installed and you are given a code to retrieve it.
- Please report suspicious persons and/or vehicles in your neighborhood by calling the Milpitas Police Department at 408-586-2400.
- BODY FOUND OF 49ERS FAN WHO WENT MISSING DURING GAME
- HOW TO DETOX AFTER WILDFIRE SMOKE EXPOSURE
- MAP SHOWS HOMES DAMAGED, DESTROYED IN CAMP FIRE
- FRANTIC SEARCH GOES ON FOR MISSING AFTER CAMP FIRE